Actual UAW-GM Contract Communications. Courtesy, Solidarity House.
Here is the actual GM-UAW communication to all bargaining unit employees, courtesy of Solidarity House. Included is:
- A message to UAW members at GM from Bob King, UAW President, and Joe Ashton, VP of the GM unit.
- Overview of work being brought back from Mexico resulting in $2.5 billion in new product commitments.
- Major wage increases for entry-level employees.
- Healthcare improvements for entry-level workers.
- New lump sum payments, profit-sharing and quality bonus demonstrating significant economic gains.
- Health care benefits improved, expanded and protected.
- Health care benefits provided under patient protection and Affordable Care Act made contractual.
- Information for workers at GM Components Holdings plants.
- 1,300 displaced skilled trades workers to be offered positions.
- Improvements in supplemental unemployment benefits.
- Job Security and SUB duration maintained.
- Education and training remain a priority.
- Improved employee communication processes.
- Additional improvements in bereavement, vacation, military leave, attendance, establishment of pay card, and legal services.
- Improvements in the Employee Placement system.
- Improvements in Life & Disability.
- Work/Family programs reinforced and diversity training assured.
- Sixty-three holidays over four years.